Steam & Sauna
Saunas and steam baths are similar in effect. In a sauna the heat acts more quickly to eliminate toxins through the skin, though some consider the moist air of a steam bath to have a more satisfying effect on the respiratory system. Saunas are deeply relaxing and are great way to melt away stress. A sauna is an eliminative procedure; it stimulates blood flow, increases the heart rate, has an immune-modulating effect, promotes hormone production, encourages mucosal secretions in the respiratory system, opens the airway, reduces resistance to respiration, regulates the vegetative system, relaxes, and can improve mental outlook.
Steam Sauna Therapy has been used for thousands of years by the Norwegians, Native North American Indians, Swedes, and many others. Ever wonder why? Because Steam Sweat Therapy is a powerful healing and rejuvenation experience, not to mention relaxing. Steam Therapy is known to:
- Dramatically increase oxygenation of the tissues and cells
- Increase the White Blood Cell count
- Increase circulation, oxygen and nutrient delivery within the body.
- Burn 400-600 calories per session!
- Increase tumor necrosis factor by up to 500 times
- Purge the body of accumulated toxins such as pesticides, PCBs, drug residues, acidic wastes and much more.
- Stimulate the Immune System Kill bacteria and viruses
- Relax and loosen sore muscle